Monday, March 1, 2010

A new idea

So, while I spent my day at work looking after two incredibly grumpy kids, Aiden decided to join me. Now, this I usually wouldn't mind, except for the fact that the idea he gave me isn't one I ever wanted to write. In all honesty, I STILL don't want to write it but I think I've lost my choice in the matter. My mind has been racing for hours, looking for a way to write this story so it captures what I want it to, trying to figure out how to work the characters and emotions before I realized that I was really going to write it.

This story may just change my life.

At the very least, it's going to be the most intense emotional journey I have ever taken. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. You're killing me with curiosity - what is this project that has consumed you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be a story that is in equal parts fact and fiction, about a disease that needs a little more awareness, DMD. It runs in my family. I'm going to be telling the story from the mother's point of view as she raises her little boy who has it.

    I can't promise it will be a happy story, but I have to write it. I can't think of anything else.

    ReplyDelete