Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Disillusioned

It has taken me two years and probably a dozen or more drafts, but finally, finally I have come up with a working beginning for my pet project "The Disillusioned." If I have ever spoken to you personally about my original fiction, this is one story I'm sure you've heard from me. I generally refer to it as "the story about the kids."

A quick synopsis: A rich and power hungry old man begins to "collect" a group of people together (generally by kidnapping or whatnot). It turns out that each of these people is gifted with a special talent. This talent can range anywhere from mind reading to super strength and speed. The old man's goal is to turn them into a super army and sell them to the government with the highest bidder.

Now that I finally have the plot working the way I want it to and the beginning figured out I think I can finally begin to write it! Woot! I wish it was closer to November, but since it isn't I guess I'll just have to come up with something different for NaNo this year. Oh well, time to get writing!

-Krys

2 comments:

  1. I remember you telling me about this story!

    Congratulations on that - and good luck getting it written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting this morning! Let's see if it's any good or if it's just the same old rubbish I always write.

    ReplyDelete