Thursday, August 12, 2010

NaNoWriMo

So, I've been thinking a lot about NaNo this year and early on I decided that I was just going to do a collection of short stories with an interweaving fantasy theme. Yesterday a scene came to me for a short story and the grief and heartbreak of the main character was just so real that it was impossible to think of anything else. When I discussed the idea with Jon (and Aiden of course) it became clear that I was only seeing a very small portion of this story, there is so much more to this character than the grief I saw.

Having said that, it's no longer an idea for a short story, but for a possible novel. Depending on how much character development I could get done before November, I may scrap my short story ideas and go with this. Yeah... I'm setting myself up for a lot of pain this November, but this is a story that speaks to me and I can't just let this character suffer without telling his story. I'll just have to make sure I buy a bunch of tissue boxes in preparation.

-Krys


1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I am anxiously awaiting your next post to EYES ON FIRE and OUR NEW LIFE. I miss them terribly and just wanted to make sure you knew that we who love your writing are anxiously waiting for more. I hope all is well with you, and I look forward to more of your masterful writing. Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete