Sunday, August 1, 2010

Updates

So... I know I've been slacking off on my blog lately and I'm really sorry!! The thing is, I have been sick a lot lately and I've been going through some really terrible things with my last job (which I finally quit). The only really good news about me being unemployed is that I have a lot more time now to work on "Eyes on Fire" which I have done a lot of. I actually have goals to achieve!

Currently, I'm working on getting to know my characters better so I can know what needs to be changed and fixed in the story. I've realized that by doing this, I have discovered so many things that I have done wrong. I guess it's good to find out new things about your characters, but it's also a bit obnoxious that it keeps changing how the story works. Oh well, I know things will eventually work out.

-Krys

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you've been feeling down and that work's been tough.

    I hope things start to get better soon!

    Sometimes, slow growth and finding out about characters takes time and effort - but also remember this: character is king.

    You can have character without plot, but you cannot have plot without character. Characters - their conflicts and their growth (real, internal growth, not just external change) is what makes stories compelling and powerful.

    So don't worry about how long it's taking. Just...write it. And have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete