Friday, June 17, 2011

Blocks

You know, just when I was starting to think that this idea was too good to fall apart I start seeing little holes. Not big enough to convince me to give up, but definitely big enough to ask me where in the heck I think I am going with my plots (or lack thereof). Is it frustrating to anyone else to realize that all of your great ideas are really brilliant, but without a central plot to weave them together... well, I'm sure you understand what I'm getting at. I just wish I could figure out what is motivating each of my characters in this story, all the things they have told me so far are weak excuses and they aren't going to stand on their own very well. I guess I'm going to have to take each of my characters into therapy and figure out what is going on with them. Maybe I will finally figure out if I have a villain or a plot, rather than a bunch of things that happen randomly.

~Krys

1 comment:

  1. There's almost always a plot behind random things that happen - once you find out what connects the characters together and what caused the events, you'll find your story.

    ReplyDelete