Friday, January 8, 2010

Blocked

Today I had high hopes for working on my original fiction novel. I planned to upload it to google docs so Jon could help me out and edit it a bit for me. Unfortunately, by the time I got all the kinks worked out of the document I was so sick of it that I couldn't concentrate on the story. It didn't bother me too much because I have two other stories I'm working on so I figured that I would just get some work done on those... yeah, not so much luck with that. I only got about two sentences out and they were both so ridiculously dumb that I quit before I ruined the story.

For some reason Aiden is just not in the mood to help me today. I gave him little fox treats and everything but he still refused to help me out. I'm not sure if he will be more susceptible tomorrow or if I am looking at a rough writing weekend.

No matter what I know that I need to read through "Eyes on Fire" and decide what to keep and what to axe. I already know that one character is potentially facing expulsion from this book, though I do intend for her to be very important to the last two books in the trilogy. My little Necromancer is just making things a little too complicated right now. At least I have a couple of normal characters to balance her out.

Anyway, I'll update again when I have something more interesting to say. I'll just leave with this little piece of my mind... Writers block really sucks when you are on a deadline.

-Krys

2 comments:

  1. Deadline? You has a deadline? I did not know this!

    What's your deadline?

    ReplyDelete
  2. June 1st is the deadline. I'm planning to self-publish my novel on amazon.com so it needs to be completely edited and finished before that. If you would be willing to give me some tips and revision time I would be thrilled! Right now I'm just worried about finishing the darn thing!

    ReplyDelete