Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Editing

I have to say, I'm actually having a lot more fun editing "Eyes on Fire" than I thought I would. Today I have done a lot of work on the first chapter, adding almost double to the beginning and I'm not done yet. I got some good feedback from a few people who checked out my chapter and it gave me some ideas for making things better. If anyone else has any suggestions let me know, I'm always eager to improve my story and make it easier for others to read.

Oh, I did some work on "Failure" and I have to say that it is completely awful. I've honestly never hated anything I've written as much as I hate this. I'm going to talk to my husband and see if he has any ideas for how to work this next chapter because Edward certainly isn't making it easy. I'm considering changing the point of view to be from either Alice or Bella... but maybe that isn't what I need. Who knows, maybe when I finally get it to work it will be from Tanya's POV! Anyway, just wanted to give my ff readers an update.

That's about it for now, I'll try to keep up with this a little bit better in the coming weeks. Being sick hasn't helped me stay focused very well.

-Krys

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you're having fun editing; it's one of the hardest processes you can do as a writer, yet one of the most rewarding, because revision is where you really start to shape, polish and make your story into what you think it should really be. Rough drafts are just lumps of clay.

    I'm sorry 'Failure' is turning out so hard; I loved the idea behind it!

    (You need to send me your FFn name, btw.)

    I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling sick again, but I hope you start to feel better soon!

    /jayiin

    ReplyDelete